If you have been unable to sell your home and do not want to have it on the property market any longer, you may want to consider alternative non-traditional means of selling it among them a quick house sale.
The truth is it takes time to sell your property. Consequently, having your property listed for a long time with little interest from potential buyers can be frustrating. In fact, many people have opted to keep property they would rather sell when they find it difficult to sell it on the property market. This is because they do not know about the other alternatives.
In case you are at this point or better still you do not want to get to this point you will do well to consider taking your property off the market and trying an alternative avenue of selling it like a quick house sale.
A quick house sale will not only take a shorter time to dispose of your property but also save you on money that you would have paid in terms of fees such as agent fees. This is largely attributed to the presence of quick house sale companies that are always willing to purchase property for cash or introduce a third party buyer. Quick house sale companies are capable of purchasing your property is as little as a week.
When you sell your property through a quick house sale, it is easier to get more opportunities to buy new property as there will be nothing stopping you. On the other hand, it may not be possible to acquire the new property you desire when you have to wait for a buyer to purchase your current property first.
Advantages of a quick house sale
If you are still contemplating whether you should go for a quick house sale or simply pursue the traditional property market, here are some advantages of selling your property through a quick house sale company that you may want to consider:
- A quick house sale lets you save money in the long run as there is not agent fee involved. In addition, you will also not be required to pay any legal feed or even survey costs as the company will take care of them.
- You will not need to engage and pay a solicitor because a majority of the quick house sale companies work with solicitors that will cater for both parties involved in the sale. Thus, there will be no delays in the paperwork to be completed before you can seal the deal. If anything, you will be updated on the progress of the sale constantly so that you know at what stage it is.
- Quick house sale companies often pay you the amount you have agreed on in full thus you are certain of the amount that you will receive upon the completion of the sale process. This way, you can make solid plan for purchasing your new home.
Eventually, just as with selling your property on the property market it is important to have your property valued by several quick house sale companies. This way you can be able to tell which company has better price offers and services. Most importantly, be sure to do a thorough background check on the company that you will choose to work with so as not to end up dealing with companies whose reputation is questionable. You may want to consider getting recommendations from people who has done transactions with the company or even look for reviews from people who have either purchased or sold property through them to get their views on the price and service received.
Property valuation is a very important undertaking when it comes to buying and selling property. Many times, sellers tend to feel like property valuators have undervalued their property. Unfortunately, this is true in some instances. To avoid such a situation, you need to consider the following tips when determining the value of your property:
- Avoid selling your property to the valuer
While it is normal to feel the urge to point out the various features of your property that have an impact on the overall value during the property valuer’s inspection visit, this is highly discourages. In fact, you will be disappointed to know that this tends to bring up a bias that could end up working against you as you might just distract the valuator or even cause them to have in accurate view resulting in overvaluation. Consequently, you may find it difficult to sell your property.
- Ensure that all improvements on the property are completed – Property valuators have an obligation to provide an accurate evaluation of the value of your property. As such, alternative value figures may be given on the basis of future improvements. This means that the cost of the materials and construction will be taken into account and could affect the value of your property. Thus, you will do well to ensure that all improvements are complete by the time is being done.
- Consider getting a full valuation – While doing an online valuation may seem cheaper, simple and convenient, it is advisable that you go for a full valuation. That is, let the property valuator get on site and do an inspection. This way he can ask questions as well as seek clarification so that they are able to come up with a realistic figure. Remember online evaluations are not personal. Besides, prospective buyers will want to go on a site visit to see the property before they can begin negotiating for a purchase.
- Have a desired time within which the property should be sold – You need to realize that the property market keep son changing. Consequently, the time it will take to get a buyer for your property has an impact on the outcome of the valuation. If you are going for a quick house sale for example, you will simply you may want to base the value of your property on the price of recent properties sold.
- Get the right property valuer – You will need to establish how well experienced the property valuer giving estimates for your property is. This should be in terms of professional qualifications and years of experience. It is important to keep in mind that not only do the levels of experience differ, they also have an impact on the value that will be assigned on given property.
- Be present during appraisal – Being present when your property is being appraised is important as the valuer may be having questions for you on certain aspects of the property like the age, prior history as well as the materials used among other things. Being on site to respond to any such questions increases the chances of getting a valuation that is more accurate.
When you pay attention to the tips discussed above you can be sure to get a valuation that is not only accurate but also neutral. Remember, having estimations that are higher than the market value can only mean that your property will be on the market for a longer period. On the other hand, estimations that are way lower than the market value can only translate into loses. Therefore, use these tips to ensure that you get a valuation that is a true reflection of how much your property is worth.